Once a week we sit down to look at the larger issues in sports we don’t have time to discuss during our game breakdown episodes.
- Check out the mayhem that went on outside Joe Paterno’s house (read Kevin Graham’s entire post about this polarizing issue at SportsMashup.com):
- Former University of Utah football coach and current Weber State head coach Ron McBride announced his sudden retirement after being injured on the sidelines during the Wildcats’ game again Montana State. We discuss about what he meant to the program on the hill, Weber State and, of course, the Holy War.
- Joe Frazier died from liver cancer. The entire Dog and Deuce staff and family would like to send our condolences to Joe’s family. We talk about this legend and how important he was to the boxing world.
- We wouldn’t be doing our jobs if we didn’t discuss the Jerry Sandusky and Penn State scandal. It is one of the saddest and horrible stories in the history of sports. The victims desperately needed someone to step up to help them and make sure no one else was hurt by this predator. The sad truth is nobody did. Did Joe Paterno do enough? Should he be receiving all this criticism? Listen to the episode to hear our takes.
- To some, the LSU vs Alabama game was boring. To others it was exciting. What do you think? Did it live up to the hype?
- REAL Salt Lake lost to David Beckham and the Los Angeles Galaxy in the second round of the playoffs. We help pinpoint one of the reasons nobody (outside of the diehard RSL fans, or course) really cares.
- Its week 10 of the NFL. We break down this week’s games and give our picks.
Call or text the D & D Voicemail and Text Line at 801-47-SPORT (801-477-7678) and let us know what you think
Leave us a comment on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter: @DogAndDeuce
Follow Dog on Twitter: @TheDog801
Send us an email at DogAndDeuce@gmail.com